|Characters||Spoolie, Taylor, Zippy, Chic, Lyra, Bobbin|
|Game introduced||Fantasy Life|
The Tailor is a life you can choose to lead in the game Fantasy Life. It is one of 12 Lives that can be chosen as the player's main life at any time during the game by visiting the Guild Master (except during a story mission).
When the player chooses the Tailor life he learns 4 skills: Sewing, Garment Tailoring, Misc. Tailoring and Fabric Tailoring. The max skill level is 15 (20 with the DLC). To unlock the new cap Legend rank must be reached and then, with the Tailor life active, talk to Divinus. He will increase the cap of these 4 skills to 20 and upgrade the licence to God-in-Training rank.
When leveling a life, the player will gain several abilities. This abilities help by improving the life itself. Below is a list of Tailor abilities:
- Sewing Machine
- Upon reaching the Adept rank, the ability Sewing Machine is unlocked, allowing the special skill gauge to be chargeable. Once fully charged, it can be used by pressing X button. This automatically completes the next 3 tasks perfectly in a row with Great performance.
- Fashion Fervour
- At Master rank, the Sewing Machine ability becomes Fashion Fervour, increasing the number of tasks to 5.
- Dancing Needle
- At God/Creator rank, the Fashion Fervour ability becomes Dancing Needle, further increasing the number of tasks to 7.
- Upon reaching God/Creator, the ability Daydream is unlocked, allowing the special skill gauge to be chargeable twice. Once double-charged, this ability allows you to instantly finish your current recipe.
- Appliqué Stitch
- Upon reaching Expert, the ability Appliqué Stitch is unlocked, allowing the addition of an extra material. To view which effect each material has, see: Crafting Effects. At God/Creator rank and with the Tailor life active, it's possible to add a second material. This material can only be a Divine Orb, and when used, the item crafted will always be of divine quality.
- Name Brand
- Upon reaching Master, the ability Name Brand is unlocked, allowing the name of the player to be added onto items they craft. This can be viewed by looking underneath Rarity on an item, in which it says Made by: "Player Name".
- Shops that are all over the world.
- Enemies Drops and Bounties.
- Treasure chests that are all over the world.
- NPCs. Such as King Erik Stone.
- Crafted by Blacksmiths.
Some of them come with special effects useful to sewing and when crafting more effects can be added. To see full list of effects visit Crafting Effects.
|Picture||Item||Rarity||Skill Level||Normal||Special Effect||Lives|
|Silver Needle||3||16||18||21||23||26||Higher quality rate +1%||All|
|Hornet Needle||6||28||31||35||39||43||Higher quality rate +15%||All|
|New Wave Needle||7||34||38||42||47||51||Higher quality rate +10%||All|
|Industry Needle||9||46||51||57||62||68||Higher quality rate +20%||All|
|Haute Needle||11||54||60||66||73||79||Higher quality rate +25%|
|Vintage Needle OI||12||50||56||62||68||74||Crafting time limit +||All|
|Vogue Needle OI||13||65||72||80||87||95||Crafting S. Skill rate +25%||All|
|Athena's Needle OI||15||70||78||86||94||102||Higher quality rate +30%|
Tailor NPC List
There are a number of other Tailor class NPCs around Reveria, who unlock challenges, provide equipment and plot. Talk to these NPCs when they have a "?" over their heads.
- Madam Purl (Life Master): Royal Castele Workshop - Castele Artisans' District
- Unlocks the "Gentlemen's Garments" challenge (Expert)
- Gives Tailor's Trophy (Master)
- Unlocks the "Royal Decor" challenge (Hero)
- Gives Stardust Linen x3 (God-in-Training/Demi-Creator)
- Joins party at God/Creator (when the special request is initially accepted)
- Unlocks the Plushy Cottage recipe upon reaching God rank and accepting the Tailor's special request.
- Unlocks the Plushling Plushie recipe upon the first time completing the special request.
- Spoolie: Royal Castele Workshop - Castele Artisans' District
- Taylor: Near Church (Day) - West Castele - Fashion Boutique (Night) - Castele Square
- Zippy: Outside Fashion Boutique (Day), Fashion Boutique (Night) - Castele Square
- Unlocks the "Shark Chic" challenge (Expert)
- Unlocks the Polka-Dot Skirt recipe (Master)
- Chic: Madam Purl's House (Day), Fashion Boutique (Night) - Port Puerto Palace Way
- Joins party at Expert
- Unlocks the "The Divine Tailor" challenge (Hero)
- Gives Black Cashmere x3 (God-in-Training/Demi-Creator)
- Lyra: Fashion Boutique - Port Puerto Palace Way
- Unlocks the "His and Hers Beachwear" challenge (Adept)
- Unlocks the "Ladies' Loungewear" challenge (Expert)
- Bobbin: Bazaar Workshop - Al Maajik Sandtown
- Bobbin has many stuffed animal recipes so check with him frequently
- Unlocks the "Bobbin's Big Bunny" challenge (Hero)
- Gives Sun Cluster x3 (God-in-Training/Demi-Creator)
Class Challenges reward the player with Stars which accumulate to raise the rank of the player within the Life Class. Talk to Master Madam Purl to cash in challenge rewards.
The U.S. Localization has differing names for many challenges. As such they will be listed after the U.K. localization names.
- Main article: Tailor Recipes
Have noticed that it's possible for the crafting mini-game to show the incorrect step that you're on after using "Sewing Machine" ending after consecutive scissors/cutting steps.