|Characters||Esmeralda, Hazel, Nox, Colin, Fabbie, Skybie|
|Game introduced||Fantasy Life|
The Magician or Wizard is a Life you can choose to lead in the game Fantasy Life. It is one of 12 Lives that can be chosen as the player's main life at any time during the game by visiting the Guild Master (except during a story mission).
Magicians use staves (called 'wands' in other versions) to inflict ranged, elemental damage to enemies and to heal as well.
When the player chooses the Magician life he learns 5 skill: Magic, Fire Magic, Water Magic, Wind Magic, and Earth Magic. The max skill level is 15 (20 with the DLC). To unlock the new cap Legend rank must be reached and then, with the Magician life active, talk to Divinus. He will increase the cap of theses 5 skills to 20 and upgrade the licence to God-in-Training rank.
|Magic||Your proficiency with casting magic. Raise your skill level to increase your selection of staffs, boost spell damage and decrease the SP cost of spells.|
|Fire Magic||Your proficiency at casting fire magic. Raise your skill level to strengthen your fire elemental spells.|
|Water Magic||Your proficiency at casting water magic. Raise your skill level to strengthen your water elemental spells.|
|Wind Magic||Your proficiency at casting wind magic. Raise your skill level to strengthen your wind elemental spells.|
|Earth Magic||Your proficiency at casting earth magic. Raise your skill level to strengthen your earth elemental spells.|
When the player reaches God/Creator rank in the Wizard life, they will gain the ability known as "Ancient Wisdom" which can be activated when the player has a double charged Skill Gauge. When activated, Ancient Wisdom gives a 3x buff to Magic Attacks and the Skill Gauge will continuously refill for 60 seconds. No stamina will be used when casting any magical skills whilst Ancient Wisdom (Creator Mode) is active.
|Skill||Button Combination||Rank learned|
|Fairy Fire||Set magic to Fire, A||Novice|
|Heavy Flame||After third strike of Fairy Fire, A||God-In-Training|
|Flame Shot||After Heavy Flame, A||God|
|Snowball||Set magic to Water, A||Fledgling|
|Iceball||After third strike of Snowball, A||God-In-Training|
|Iceball Slam||After Iceball, A||God|
|Windcutter||Set magic to Wind, A||Fledgling|
|Gale Force||After third strike of Windcutter, A||God-In-Training|
|Bolt Strike||After Gale Force, A||God|
|Sapling Heal||Set magic to Earth, A||Novice|
|Sapling Aid||After third strike of Sapling Heal, A||God-In-Training|
|Sapling Cure||After Sapling Aid, A||God|
|Fireball||Set magic to Fire, Charge A||Fledgling|
|Firesplosion||Set magic to Fire, Long Charge A||Adept|
|Fire Storm||Set magic to Fire, Charge X||Apprentice|
|Wall of Fire||Set magic to Fire, Long Charge X||Apprentice|
|Icy Breath||Set magic to Water, Charge A||Apprentice|
|Snapfreeze||Set magic to Water, Long Charge A||Adept|
|Ice Storm||Set magic to Water, Charge X||Apprentice|
|Blizzard||Set magic to Water, Long Charge X||Expert|
|Air Sickle||Set magic to Wind, Charge A||Fledgling|
|Razor Wind||Set magic to Wind, Long Charge A||Adept|
|Thunder Storm||Set magic to Wind, Charge X||Apprentice|
|Cosmic Thunder||Set magic to Wind, Long Charge X||Expert|
|Flower Heal||Set magic to Earth, Charge A||Fledgling|
|Healing Forest||Set magic to Earth, Long Charge A||Adept|
|Healing Meadow||Set magic to Earth, Charge X||Apprentice|
|Nature's Bounty||Set magic to Earth, Long Charge X||Expert|
|Falling Star||Special Skill fully charged, X||Adept|
|Shooting Star||Special Skill fully charged, X||Master|
|Meteodrive||Special Skill fully charged, X||God|
|Ancient Wisdom||Special Skill Gauge double charged, X||God|
Playing a Wizard
A Wizard can be used to support other classes in multiplayer due to their ability to heal not only themselves but their group members in a certain range. The most useful stats for a Magician are Intelligence and Focus.
Being a Wizard uses a lot of stamina, the player must be sure to have enough SP potions. Apple Juice, Cows' Milk, Springwater or Honey are just some items which can regenerate stamina, too. A recommended item is the Magical Milkshake, since it temporarily raises your Intelligence stat along with restoring SP, and a Superior Magical Milkshake fully restores your SP. The player can also use the "Sit Down" and the "Lie Down" emotes to regain SP at a high rate.
Wizards cannot use the majority of Armour craftable by Blacksmiths (with a few exceptions), but can wear most items crafted by a Tailor. Their weak armor makes their Defence poor, so it's advised to keep a distance away from enemies and take advantage of the Wizard's arsenal of ranged attacks.
The player has to keep weaknesses and resistances of enemies in mind. For example, a Spirit of Water will take more damage from Wind Magic.
The Magicians uses staves to inflict ranged, elemental damage to enemies and to heal as well. Staves can be obtain from:
- Shops that are all over the world.
- Enemies Drops and Bounties.
- Treasure chests that are all over the world.
- NPCs. Such as King Erik Stone.
- Crafted by Carpenters.
Some of them come with special effects useful to fight enemies and when crafting more effects can be added. To see full list of effects visit Crafting Effects.
|Picture||Item||Rarity||Skill Level||Normal||Special Effect||Lives|
|Mooncrest Staff||4||28||31||35||39||43||Intelligence +4|
|Star Staff||4||32||36||40||?||48||Luck +4|
|Bat Wing Staff||5||40||45||50||?||?||Focus +4|
|Staff of Wisdom||7||52||??||??||??||??||Intelligence +6|
|Dragon Staff||8||54||60||66||73||79||Battle EXP + (+10%)||All|
|Serpent Staff||10||60||67||74||??||??||S. Skill charge rate x1.5|
|Bon Bon-Bon||12||58||?||?||?||?||HP orb drop ++||All|
|Esmerelda's Staff||12||80||80||80||80||80||SP recovery speed ++++||All|
|Chaos Bringer||15||65||72||80||87||95||Intelligence +10|
|Staff of Dawn||15||75||83||???||100||109||Special Skill damage +|
|Dark Sultan's Staff||15||110||110||110||110||110||Magic Attack +30||All|
Magician NPC List
There are a number of other Magician class NPCs around Reveria, who unlock challenges, provide equipment and plot. Talk to these when they have a ? over their heads.
- Jinx (Life Master): Hazel's House - East Castele
- Unlocks the "Earthly Encounter" challenge (Apprentice)
- Unlocks the "Wild Wild Wood" / "Forest Foe" challenge (Expert)
- Gives Magician's Trophy (Master)
- Unlocks the "Darkness and Fury" / "Calamity Pain" challenge (Hero)
- Gives 3x Superior Magic Spray (God-in-Training/Demi-Creator)
- Joins party at God/Creator (when the special request is initially accepted)
- Unlocks Magician God Special Request
- Hazel: Outside Hazel's House (Day), Hazel's House (Night) - East Castele
- Unlocks the "The Skullblob Job" challenge (Fledgling)
- Unlocks the "From the Magma Born" / "Beat the Heat" challenge (Adept)
- Unlocks the "Still Waters Run Deep" / "In Deep Water" challenge (Expert)
- Joins party at Master
- Gives 3x Superior Magical Pie (God)
- Nox: Castele Forest - East Castele
- Joins party at Apprentice
- Unlocks the "Shimmering Mirage" / "Blaze of Glory" challenge (Adept)
- Fabbie/Bumbles: Park - Port Puerto Palace Way
- Unlocks the "Earthly Pleasures" / "Earth Wraith Wrecker" challenge (Apprentice)
- Unlocks the "Desert Winds" / "Wind Chagrin" challenge (Adept)
- Joins party at Expert
- Gives 3x Superior Magical Milkshake (God)
- Esmerelda: Esmerelda's Academy of Magic (Day), Outside Academy (Night) - Al Maajik Spelltown
- Unlocks the "Sandstorm Lord" / "Gust of Ghoul" challenge (Adept)
- Unlocks the "Ocean Fury" / "Wraith Wrath" challenge (Expert)
- Colin: Ancient Ruins Path - Drysand Desert
- Unlocks the "Spirit in the Dark" / "Shadow Showdown" challenge (Expert)
- Unlocks the "Heavenly Light" / "Light's Out" challenge (Master)
- Joins party at Hero
- Gives 3x Superior Spraylixir (Legend)
- Skybie: Plushling Camp - Levitania
- Unlocks the "Heaven's Wraith" / "Frightening Lightning" challenge (Master)
Class Challenges reward the player with Stars which accumulate to raise the rank of the player within the Life Class. Talk to Master Jinx to cash in challenge rewards.
The U.S. Localization has differing names for many challenges. As such they will be listed after the U.K. localization names.