|Characters||Flapjack, Sizzle, Allan, Pedro, Mary Anne, Jill|
|Game introduced||Fantasy Life|
The Cook is a Life you can choose to lead in the game Fantasy Life. It is one of 12 Lives that can be chosen as the player's main life at any time during the game by visiting the Guild Master (except during a story mission).
When the player chooses the Cook life he learns 4 skills: Cooking, Meat Cuisine, Seafood Cuisine and Egg & Veg Cuisine. The max skill level is 15 (20 with the DLC). To unlock the new cap Legend rank must be reached and then, with the Cook life active, talk to Divinus. He will increase the cap of these 4 skills to 20 and upgrade the licence to God-in-Training rank.
When leveling a life, the player will gain several abilities. This abilities help by improving the life itself. Below is a list of Cook abilities:
- Chef's Special
- Upon reaching the Adept rank, the ability Chef's Special is unlocked, allowing the special skill gauge to be chargeable. Once fully charged, it can be used by pressing X button. This automatically completes the next 3 tasks perfectly in a row with Great performance.
- Dream Meal
- At Master rank, the Chef's Special ability becomes Dream Meal, increasing the number of tasks to 5.
- 5 Star Special
- At God/Creator rank, the Dream Meal ability becomes 5 Star Special, further increasing the number of tasks to 7.
- Upon reaching God/Creator, the ability Ambrosia is unlocked, allowing the special skill gauge to be chargeable twice. Once double-charged, this ability allows you to instantly finish your current recipe.
- Seasoning Skill
- Upon reaching Expert, the ability Seasoning Skill is unlocked, allowing the addition of an extra material. The extra materials are Condiments use to improve the flavor of certain dishes, making it easier to score high and receive Superior results, as well as extras.
Cook NPC List
There are a number of other Cook class NPCs around Reveria, who unlock challenges, provide equipment and plot. Talk to these when they have a ? over their heads.
- Master Alfredo (Life Master): Alfredo's Bistro - Castele Shopping District
- Allan: Near Shops (Day) - Castele Shopping District, Appleseed Cafe (Night) - Castele Artisans' District
- Flapjack: Alfredo's Bistro - Castele Shopping Disctrict
- Sizzle: Alfredo's Bistro (Day) - Castele Shopping Disctrict, Near Chicken's (Night) - West Castele
- Joins party at Apprentice
- Pedro: Cocina Rica (Day), Port Puerto Palace Way - Pirate Ship Lower Deck (Night) - Port Puerto Marina
- Unlocks the "Impressive Stew Menu" / "Special Stew Menu" challenge (Master)
- Unlocks the "Cuisine for Champions" challenge to make a Roast of Legend (Hero)
- Jill: The Spice Rack - Al Maajik Spelltown
- Unlocks "Plenty of Pudding" challenge (Adept)
- Unlocks "Pufferfish Minus Poison" challenge (Expert)
- Joins party at Master
- Mary Anne: Alejandro's Beach Hut - Tortuga Archipelago
Class Challenges reward the player with Stars which accumulate to raise the rank of the player within the Life Class. Talk to Chef Alfredo to cash in challenge rewards.
The U.S. Localization has differing names for many challenges. As such they will be listed after the U.K. localization names.
- Main article: Cook Recipes
Business hours over, I leave the restaurant.
The night sky above dotted with twinkling stars. Stars here, stars there, these stars I hate. So cold and haughty, looking down at me. "Your restaurant doesn't have a single star,"they seem to say, the wretched things. "The food's good but you don't advertise." Since when are you food critics, I ask?
Tomorrow at lunchtime, I'll take a break and remake the restaurant the way I dreamed.
Around and around, like a huge sunflower will my wonderful chimney go! The passersby at dinnertime will be enticed by delicious aromas! Go around and around, my sunflower chimney! Spread the smell of food throughout the town!
My restaurant gets its first star.
How proudly it twinkles at the shop front! It'll be two stars next year! It's not because of you, night-sky stars...really. Business hours over, I leave the restaurant. I look up and you wink at me. Wink, wink, wink, wink all you want! One day I'll have a ☆☆☆☆☆ restaurant!