|Characters||Sawyer, Cherry, Beavy, Beavo, Decker, Marimo|
|Game introduced||Fantasy Life|
The Carpenter is a Life you can choose to lead in the game Fantasy Life. It is one of 12 Lives that can be chosen as the player's main life at any time during the game by visiting the Guild Master (except during a story mission).
When the player chooses the Carpenter life he learns 4 skills: Carpentry, Furniture Carpentry, Weapons Carpentry and Tools Carpentry. The max skill level is 15 (20 with the DLC). To unlock the new cap Legend rank must be reached and then, with the Carpenter life active, talk to Divinus. He will increase the cap of these 4 skills to 20 and upgrade the licence to God-in-Training rank.
When leveling a life, the player will gain several abilities. This abilities help by improving the life itself. Below is a list of Carpenter abilities:
- Hop 'n' Chop
- Upon reaching the Adept rank, the ability Hop 'n' Chop is unlocked, allowing the special skill gauge to be chargeable. Once fully charged, it can be used by pressing X button. This automatically completes the next 3 tasks perfectly in a row with Great performance.
- Chop 'til You Drop
- At Master rank, the Hop 'n' Chop ability becomes Chop 'til You Drop, increasing the number of tasks to 5.
- Crafty Carpenter
- At God/Creator rank, the Chop 'til You Drop ability becomes Crafty Carpenter, further increasing the number of tasks to 7.
- Firm Grip
- Upon reaching God/Creator, the ability Firm Grip is unlocked, allowing the special skill gauge to be chargeable twice. Once double-charged, this ability allows you to instantly finish your current recipe.
- Extra Materials
- Upon reaching Expert, the ability Extra Materials is unlocked, allowing the addition of an extra material. To view which effect each material has, see: Crafting Effects. At God/Creator rank and with the Carpenter life active, it's possible to add a second material. This material can only be a Divine Orb, and when used, the item crafted will always be of divine quality.
- Wood Worker
- Upon reaching Master, the ability Wood Worker is unlocked, allowing the name of the player to be added onto items they craft. This can be viewed by looking underneath Rarity on an item, in which it says Made by: "Player Name".
Carpenter NPC List
There are a number of other Carpenter class NPCs around Reveria, who unlock challenges, provide equipment and plot. Talk to these when they have a ? over their heads.
- Master Woody (Life Master): Royal Castele Workshop - Castele Artisans' District
- Gives Carpenter's Trophy (Master)
- Unlocks the "Bow & Hero" challenge (Hero)
- Unlocks the Ancient Saw recipe (God-in-Training)
- Joins party at God (when the special request is initially accepted)
- Unlocks the Dreamy Rocking Chair recipe upon reaching God rank and accepting the Alchemist's special request.
- Unlocks the Portable Patio recipe upon the first time completing the special request.
- Beavo: Near Well (Day), Near Pet Shop (Night) - Castele Artisans' District
- Beavy: Near Well - Castele Artisans' District
- Cherry (Poppy): Near Well (Day), Woody's House (Night) - Castele Artisans' District
- Sawyer: Royal Castele Workshop - Castele Artisans' District
- Decker: Leftmost Ship - Port Puerto Marina
- Marimo: Elderwood Village
Class Challenges reward the player with Stars which accumulate to raise the rank of the player within the Life Class. Talk to Master Flamel to cash in challenge rewards.
The U.S. Localization has differing names for many challenges. As such they will be listed after the U.K. localization names.
- Main article: Carpenter Recipes