|Characters||Vulcan, Fyra, Magmia, Ignatius, Steele, Durandal|
|Game introduced||Fantasy Life|
The Blacksmith is a Life you can choose to lead in the game Fantasy Life. It is one of 12 Lives that can be chosen as the player's main life at any time during the game by visiting the Guild Master (except during a story mission).
When the player chooses the Blacksmith life he learns 4 skills: Smithing, Weaponsmithing, Armoursmithing and Metal Tool Smithing. The max skill level is 15 (20 with the DLC). To unlock the new cap Legend rank must be reached and then, with the Blacksmith life active, talk to Divinus. He will increase the cap of these 4 skills to 20 and upgrade the licence to God-in-Training rank.
When leveling a life, the player will gain several abilities. This abilities help by improving the life itself. Below is a list of Blacksmith abilities:
- Heavy Strike
- Upon reaching the Adept rank, the ability Heavy Strike is unlocked, allowing the special skill gauge to be chargeable. Once fully charged, it can be used by pressing X button. This automatically completes the next 3 tasks perfectly in a row with Great performance.
- Dancing Hammer
- At Master rank, the Heavy Strike ability becomes Dancing Hammer, increasing the number of tasks to 5.
- Perfect Strike
- At God/Creator rank, the Dancing Hammer ability becomes Perfect Strike, further increasing the number of tasks to 7.
- Sound of Success
- Upon reaching God/Creator, the ability Sound of Success is unlocked, allowing the special skill gauge to be chargeable twice. Once double-charged, this ability allows you to instantly finish your current recipe.
- Extra Meterials
- Upon reaching Expert, the ability Extra Meterials is unlocked, allowing the addition of an extra material. To view which effect each material has, see: Crafting Effects. At God/Creator rank and with the Blacksmith life active, it's possible to add a second material. This material can only be a Divine Orb, and when used, the item crafted will always be of divine quality.
- Upon reaching Master, the ability Artisan is unlocked, allowing the name of the player to be added onto items they craft. This can be viewed by looking underneath Rarity on an item, in which it says Made by: "Player Name".
Blacksmith NPC List
There are a number of other Blacksmith class NPCs around Reveria, who unlock challenges, provide equipment and plot. Talk to these when they have a ? over their heads.
- Vulcan (Life Master): Royal Castele Workshop - Castele Artisans' District
- Fyra: Royal Castele Workshop - Castele Artisans' District
- Ignatius: Paladins' Hold (Day) - Castele Square, Castele Artisans' District (Night)
- Magmia: Castele Artisans' District (Day), Steele's House (Night)
- Sebastian: Outside Pirate Ship (Day) - Port Puerto Marina, Cocina Rica (Night) - Port Puerto Palace Way
- Durandal: Waterfall Cave - Mt. Snowpeak
- Legendary Ironsmith: Lava Cave (Day) - Mt. Snowpeak
Class Challenges reward the player with Stars which accumulate to raise the rank of the player within the Life Class. Talk to Master Vulcan to cash in challenge rewards.
The U.S. Localization has differing names for many challenges. As such they will be listed after the U.K. localization names.
- Main article: Blacksmith Recipes