|Characters||Isaac, Guppy, Marina, Seabury, Tabitha, Trout, Mackeral, Anchovy|
|Game introduced||Fantasy Life|
The Angler is a Life you can choose to lead in the game Fantasy Life. It is one of 12 Lives that can be chosen as the player's main life at any time during the game by visiting the Guild Master (except during a story mission).
The Angler uses fishing rods to catch fish around the world.
When the player chooses the Angler life he learns 1 skill: Fishing. The max skill level is 15 (20 with the DLC). To unlock the new cap Legend rank must be reached and then, with the Angler life active, talk to Divinus. He will increase the cap of the skill to 20 and upgrade the licence to God-in-Training rank.
|Fishing||Your proficiency at fishing. Raise your skill level to increase your selection of fishing rods and catch tougher and more stubborn fish.|
When leveling a life, the player will gain several abilities. This abilities help by improving the life itself. Below is a list of Angler abilities:
- Pull it Close
- It's the first ability unlocked witch allows to catch fish by holding the A button. By doing it the player loses SP
- Counter Hook
- At ??? rank, the Counter Hook ability is unlocked, allowing to execute a greater swing by pressing A button at the right moment, when the fish bites the bait.
- Quick Pull
- At Apprentice rank, the Quick Pull ability is unlocked, allowing to execute a powerful swing, costing more SP, by holding X button.
- Focused Pull
- At Expert rank, the Focused Pull ability is unlocked, allowing to execute an especially powerful swing, costing much more SP, by holding X button for more time.
- Mid-Air Geyser Pull
- Upon reaching the Adept rank, the ability Mid-Air Geyser Pull is unlocked, allowing the special skill gauge to be chargeable. Once fully charged, it can be used by pressing X button. This unleash a powerful special skill attack.
- Go With the Flow
- At Master rank, the Mid-Air Geyser Pull ability becomes Go With the Flow, increasing the power of the special skill attack.
- Ascending Sea Dragon
- At God/Creator rank, the Go With the Flow ability becomes Ascending Sea Dragon, further increasing the power of the special skill attack.
- Dragon Lord
- Upon reaching God/Creator, the ability Dragon Lord is unlocked, allowing the special skill gauge to be chargeable twice. Once double-charged, this ability unleash the Mystic skill attack, which is the most powerful strike that the anglers can use.
Angler NPC List
There are a number of other Angler class NPCs around Reveria, who unlock challenges, provide equipment and plot. Talk to these when they have a ? over their heads.
- Master Fisherman Sage (Life Master): Outside Isaac's House - West Castele
- Unlocks the "The Finest Forest Catch" / "Lord of the Forest" challenge (Apprentice)
- Unlocks the "Coldwater Tuna Time" challenge (Expert)
- Gives Angler's Trophy (Master)
- Unlocks the "Sky's Not the Limit" / "Land a High Flier" challenge (Hero)
- Gives Sky Sashimi Set x2 (God)
- Joins party at God
- Unlocks Angler God Special Request
- Isaac: West Castele (Day), Outside Isaac's House (Night) - West Castele
- Unlocks the "As Tasty as Decorative" / "What a Trophy!" challenge (Fledgling)
- Joins party at Adept
- Gives Tool Upgrade Stone + (God-in-Training)
- Guppy: Port Puerto Marina - near Airship (Day), Anglers' Association (Night) - Port Puerto Palace Way
- Gives Giant Tuna (Adept)
- Unlocks the "Lord of the Deep Sea" challenge (Expert)
- Mackerel (cat): Port Puerto Beach District
- Unlocks the "Swimming Cactus" challenge (Master)
- Gives Champion Beetle x3 (Hero)
- Marina: Anglers' Association (Day) - Port Puerto Palace Way, Beach District (Night)
- Joins party at Expert
- Seabury: Anglers' Association (Day) - Port Puerto Palace Way
- Unlocks the "Ready Your Sword" / "Draw Your Sword" challenge (Adept)
- Unlocks the "Worth Its Weight in Gold" challenge (Hero)
- Gives Superior Swordfish Head x3 (God-in-Training)
- Tabitha: The Spice Rack - Al Maajik Spelltown
- Unlocks the "The Darkness Within" challenge (Expert)
- Gives Tool Upgrade Stone (Master)
- Anchovy (cat): Al Maajik Outskirts
- Unlocks the "Not Really A Fish" / "A Flaky Fish" challenge (Master)
- Gives Steel Stag Beetle x3 (Hero)
Class Challenges reward the player with Stars which accumulate to raise the rank of the player within the Life Class. Talk to Master Fisherman Sage to cash in challenge rewards.
The U.S. Localization has differing names for many challenges. As such they will be listed after the U.K. localization names.